I think I see some light...(and chocolate sauce!)

Here I am, finishing up yet another year of school. The end of the school year is always crazy for teachers, but being in this different position is a whole new level of crazy for me. I've been plowing ahead, looking forward to seeing a glint of light to remind me that there is an end to this tunnel. I saw it today! I've still got quite a bit to do, but by tomorrow afternoon, I'll be able to close up shop and head on out.

This busyness is the cause for my blogging absence these last couple of weeks. I do have things to share, though! Recipes, good reads, DIYs, plus the regular ole happenings around here.

I'm looking forward to summer break to do the things I love. Of course, the list of what I want to do and accomplish is way too long even for a whole summer break. Still, I can't wait to get started!

For today, I'm going to share a simple recipe I've been loving lately: homemade chocolate sauce. I like it because 1) in the chocolate department, it only calls for cocoa powder, which is simple to keep on hand, 2) it is a great consistency to use for topping and dipping--not too runny and not too stiff, 3) most chocolate sauces have all kinds of artificial ingredients, and this one has ingredients you know, and 4) it's easy!
Easy & Tasty Chocolate Sauce

2 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt (maybe a dash more)
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tablespoon vanilla

In a medium saucepan, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt with 1/2 cup of the milk so it's a nice paste. Add the rest of the milk and bring to a boil, whisking to combine well. When the sauce boils, reduce the heat to simmer for another five minutes, whisking often. Remove from heat and add vanilla (or any other flavor). You can serve it hot (obviously...hot fudge sundae, anyone?) or cold! It doesn't get too hard, even after placing it in the fridge. It keeps for at least a couple of weeks...that's how long I've had mine, anyway, and it still tastes good!
Photobucket

Comments

  1. awesome, I've been wanting a chocolate sauce recipe because of the artificials in the store bought stuff! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I can't wait to try this out. Thanks for sharing and I absolutely LOVE your photos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts